Results 1 to 4 of 4
I've today upgraded from FireFox 1.0.7 to 1.5 Now, whenever I open FF up, I get a large grey box at the bottom of the window, below the loading bar, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 12-10-2005 #1
Upgrade to FireFox 1.5 getting red html tag at bottom
I've today upgraded from FireFox 1.0.7 to 1.5 Now, whenever I open FF up, I get a large grey box at the bottom of the window, below the loading bar, with a strange html-like tag displayed in red:
<key id="key_openHelp" --------^
This happens regardless of how I open Firefox (e.g. command line, from the menu etc,) and regardless of which location of the newly downloaded program I use (I saved it to a folder in home/giles/progs, then copied the contents to home/giles/.firefox, where the sym links for java were already (I dont want to have to go through getting that to work again ))
The box takes up about a quarter of the window, which, given that I'm running with 800x600 res, is rather a problem.
EDIT: I should also say that this also happens when opening a new window from within FireFox, and that it doesn't go away in the course of browsing.
Any ideas greatly appreciated - thanks for taking the time to have a look
- 12-12-2005 #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
You must have installed Firefox 1.5 over top of an older version. the Mozilla org recommends you uninstall the older versions before installing 1.5
The problem here is being created by an extension you have installed that is not fully compatible or working coirrectly with Firefox 1.5
You can either fire up the profile manager and create a new profile, or go into your extensions and uninstall tehm one at a time restarting firefox between each uninstall until you locate the one causing the problem.
at least it's an easy fixfar...out
- 12-14-2005 #3Originally Posted by farslayer
Originally Posted by farslayer
Thanks for setting me straight
- 12-15-2005 #4
It actually wasn't Java - thinking about it Java isnt an extension anyway...
T'was the web developer toolbar, but after an uninstall then reinstall all is working fine.