Find the answer to your Linux question:
mozilla defaults to printing to $MOZ_PRINTER_NAME, except when i setup a printer in redhat it doesn't pick it up, so nothing prints -- now I can add a line to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

mozilla and printing

mozilla defaults to printing to $MOZ_PRINTER_NAME, except when i setup a printer in redhat it doesn't pick it up, so nothing prints -- now I can add a line to my login profile or something to set the value of the variable, but somewhere i should be able to tell mozilla to correct the problem itself, instead of globbering around it
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

Linux Guru
    At least in my mozilla setup, the command it uses is "lpr ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+"-P"}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}", which just about means that it prints to $MOZ_PRINTER_NAME, if it's set. Otherwise, it just calls lpr with no args. Ie. if you don't set MOZ_PRINTER_NAME, you should be fine, isn't that right?

Linux User
    same command for me, yes - however if the variable is undefined my laserjet 4100n powers up saying it is processing a job, then stops with no output, no error

(printing from the shell with no -P argumetn works fine though, and as soon as I define that variable mozilla also works fine...)

the strange thing is it has happened to a second PC - I am wondering where i should be looking as I am pretty lost on this one...
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    This is probably the point where I'd begin [ls]tracing.