Find the answer to your Linux question:
The title pretty much says it all. Whenever I try to take a screenshot, this is how they come out (all the time): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...notworking.png It's hard, but you can bearly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

GIMP screenshots not coming out right!

The title pretty much says it all. Whenever I try to take a screenshot, this is how they come out (all the time):
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...notworking.png

It's hard, but you can bearly make out where the two GIMP windows (main and layer) would be, and seems like the wallpaper is in them. Also, there's supposed to be a taskbar at the very bottom, which is hard to make out since it blends with the wallpaper as well. The only thing that makes sense out of that is the desklets (that's adesklet's yab).

I've open gimp through the terminal, and the only errors I get is this:
    Code:
    bash-3.00$ gimp
    art_render_invoke: no image source given
    art_render_invoke: no image source given
    Not really sure what that mean, but I dont' think it's relevant since it only comes up whenever I go to save the image.

Just Joined!
    whoa..I have never seen Gimp do that. I am new to the world of Linux but wierd. WHat distro and Desktop are you using?

What program are you using to take the snapshots, or are you just hitting the "Print Screen" key? Does the image look strange like this in any other image programs?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Enthusiast
    Sorry not to mention this before... I'm using Slackware with XFce4.

As for how I'm taking the screenshot, I'm just opening up GIMP then File>Acquire>Sreen Shot... I've always taken screenshots this way and never had a problem. I also haven't tried any other way, mostly because I don't know any other way (I have a rough idea of how other methods are, but I've never tried them personally). As far as I know, right now, GIMP is the only software installed than can do this type of operation.