Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have OOo 2.0 and have tried using Base to create a library database for my extensive book collection, something I've been putting off for a long time. I've run ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need to create a database for my library

I have OOo 2.0 and have tried using Base to create a library database for my extensive book collection, something I've been putting off for a long time. I've run into a couple of snags that apparently can't be solved in Base (no tab control for forms, is one, no multi-column combo boxes is another).

Can anyone suggest another GUI-based db creation program that is not just a front end to an existing database. I want to have everything in one file ala Base and MS Access: forms, tables, queries, etc., and I DON'T want to use anything from the Windoze world under Linux. I've been MS free for nearly a year now.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

BTW, I tried Tellico that came with my copy of Suse, and it's impressive as it stands but cannot adequately deal with certain situations such as multiple authors for a single book and anthologies (collections) involving either one or multiple authors.

Thanks again.

Tim

Just Joined!

Question multiple authors

BTW, I tried Tellico that came with my copy of Suse, and it's impressive as it stands but cannot adequately deal with certain situations such as multiple authors for a single book and anthologies (collections) involving either one or multiple authors.

Just in case you're still interested in Tellico, it deals with multiple authors just fine. Anthologies, as you point correctly point out, are not dealt with at all.

Tellico FAQ