Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good CD Image mounting program. I'm imagining somthing like DAEMON Tools or Alcohol 120% for Windows. Im looking for somthing easy and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question CD Image mounting Program? (like DAEMON Tools on Windows)

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good CD Image mounting program. I'm imagining somthing like DAEMON Tools or Alcohol 120% for Windows. Im looking for somthing easy and with a GUI, but command line is ok too. I know you can just mount an iso like you mount a CD, but I was looking for somthing a bit easier. If there isnt anything like that out there I'll probly just write one myself.

PS. I like the new look here. I havent seen it since it was redone and I thought I was at the wrong website .

A quick search on Google Linux found me:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/mount-iso-image/

While I don't have the mount option enabled in my kernel, as I recall, isn't the commandline process pretty simple?

Linux Enthusiast
    if you write one yourself, the actual command you'll need is this:
    Code:
    mount -t iso9660 /dir/to/file.iso /mnt/dir/for/iso -o loop
    you could probably do it without the "-o loop" but if you have it enabled in your kernel (loopback devices i believe) than it might make things a little more painless

Linux Guru
    KISO Might be the man you're looking for....I find it great, especially when you include the service menus.