Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anybody have much experience using Liferea? It works well for the most part, but when i click on a story and try to open the page in the app ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Liferea not working smoothly

Does anybody have much experience using Liferea? It works well for the most part, but when i click on a story and try to open the page in the app it almost always freezes or has some screwy characters within the text.

when i run it from the konsole i get alot of errors like this:

Code:
    Unhandled property: 91 text-indent
    Unhandled property: 41 font
    Unhandled property: 41 font
    Unhandled property: 12 border-collapse
    (liferea-bin:16568): HtmlLayout-WARNING **: unhandled vertical_align
    Any suggestions?

I almost always open them in the browser window, but it works for me to open a page in the app. I am using 1.0.

The only thing I can think is do you have mozilla installed. From the faq
    Q: The Mozilla browser module doesn't work for me!
    A: Please check:

* You need the full Mozilla suite to run the Mozilla module. Firefox doesn't work for that purpose. Note that you can have both installed, browse the web with Firefox and use Mozilla just as Liferea's module
    * If you have any Mozilla installation containing libgtkembedmoz.so. It won't work without this library.
    * The debug output of Liferea (try running with --debug-all) for Mozilla related errors. If you get libgtkembedmoz.so: cannot open shared object file the library simply cannot be found. So you need to set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to the installation path of Liferea. If for example Mozilla was installed in /usr/local/mozilla-1.7 and you use bash you should add export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/local/mozilla-1.7 to your .profile.
    * If your Liferea installation was compiled with Mozilla support. In case you did compile yourself you can check this in the summary output of configure. Note that some distributions like Debian split the Liferea package into several parts. To use Liferea with Mozilla on a Debian installation you need the packages liferea and liferea-mozilla

If none of the above could solve your problems. Please try to use Liferea with another Mozilla installation. Between some Mozilla versions there are symbol incompatibilities. As a last resort you can fallback to GtkHTML2. If you have crashes or other problems please contacts us at the mailing list.
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good