Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have just installed Ubuntu 5.04 to my harddrive after using it on a CD for a while but was wondering if i can still run the following applications in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can i run these programs on Linux

I have just installed Ubuntu 5.04 to my harddrive after using it on a CD for a while but was wondering if i can still run the following applications in it. I know there are programs that allow you to use windows programs in Linux but am yet to come across them anyway the Major programs I require are
    CorelDRAW Graphics suite 11
    Adobe photoshop Elements 3
    Adobe CS
    Adobe premier Elements 1
    Adobe premier pro
    Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8
    iTunes
    ICQ 5.04
    They are the programs i really require to run in Linux if possible.

oz
    forum.guy
    Check out WINE:

http://www.winehq.com/

There's a forum on this board for it, too:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/f36-wine.html

i know that iTunes is a no (try amarok instead, but you will have to install kde which is about 70 odd mb), skype i think is available somewhere. i am not sure about the others. Photoshop can be covered by using The GIMP. IMHO, gimp is better than photoshop.

i know there is gimpshop which is gimp modified to look like photoshop, but i dont know if that is for linux (i know its for windows though).

i am unsure about the others.

hope this helps
    weed
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--

Just Joined!

Also use GIMP

Quote Originally Posted by Weedman
    Photoshop can be covered by using The GIMP. IMHO, gimp is better than photoshop.
    Am already using GIMP in windows thats kinda why i chose to install Linux also as I already have heaps of Programs running in windows that are used in Linux eg. Open Office, Mozzilla, GIMP. If possible would like to run Photoshop and Gimp together as i do in windows if I cant i can live with that