Find the answer to your Linux question:
i just done a yast online update and it put firefox 1.0.7 on however now it wont let me open multiple windows by clicking on the shortcut on my desktop, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

firefox profile problem

i just done a yast online update and it put firefox 1.0.7 on however now it wont let me open multiple windows by clicking on the shortcut on my desktop, it pops up with the profile selection box saying i cant use the same profile for the different windows. only way is to open a new window with ctrl-n.

before you go saying why do you want other windows, its tabbed browsing blah blah i like to have different firefox windows for different things on different desktops. so i open firefox on one desktop, then later on another desktop id open another firefox window by just clicking the icon on my desktop. what im having to do at the moment is use ctrl-n to open a new window, then move it to another desktop, this to me is a pain in the ass. i wanna just go to the other desktop and click the icon.

thx

Just Joined!
    ive noticed that in the profile folder whenever i have a firefox window open it creates a lock file, this file prevents me from opening more windows as when i delete it i can open another window from the icon but it just recreates it and i then cant open anymore after that