Find the answer to your Linux question:
guys i need your help here.. : pls check: ***************************************** root@darkstar:/home/me/installers/klamav-0.32-installer# ./DoubleClickOrExecuteMeToInstallKlamaAV-0.32 Verifying archive integrity... All good. Uncompressing KlamAV............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................... ************************************************** ************************************************* Checking ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

where can i find clamav's GUI ? ?

guys i need your help here.. : pls check:

root@darkstar:/home/me/installers/klamav-0.32-installer# ./DoubleClickOrExecuteMeToInstallKlamaAV-0.32
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing KlamAV............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................
    ************************************************** *************************************************
    Checking your ClamAV Installation
    ************************************************** *************************************************

/usr/local/bin/clamscan
    Clamscan binary present...
    /usr/local/bin/freshclam
    freshclam binary present...

Testing existence of 'clamav' user group..

Good: clamav group already exists.

Looks Good! Will now proceed with the graphical installation...

Please wait while the Arkollon installer is compiled

This may take a few moments

root@darkstar:/home/me/installers/klamav-0.32-installer#

hmmm so how cn i access the GUI?

i have already used : updatedb but still i cnt find the GUI program.
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9

I must admit that I had a similar problem! I'm running Suse 10 with KDE and found it in the following place off the main menu button:

K Menu>Utilities>Security>KlamAV

Obviously this may vary depending on what window manager you are using.

Regards

Nosher

Linux Newbie
    does anyone of you uses clamav? i just want to ask some questions bout downloading the updates... coz when i choose the manual scan.. a prompt says.. error in databse etc...
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9

I'm hoping that the fact you are trying to run a scan means you found the GUI?

If you have the GUI open what happens if you click the update tab and then the "Update Now" button at the bottom?

Without wanting to state the obvious you need to be connected to the net for this to work.

Regards

Nosher

Just Joined!
    yum install clamtk

oz
    forum.guy
    This thread is almost 5 years old... so locking it down.
    oz