Find the answer to your Linux question:
So...I set the filetype ".pdf" to be automatically viewed by xpdf but have decided i'd rather use KGhostView. How do I change this in firefox now that I've already set ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Firefox automatic file assocation (upon download)...

So...I set the filetype ".pdf" to be automatically viewed by xpdf but have decided i'd rather use KGhostView. How do I change this in firefox now that I've already set it?

I checked in Edit-->Preferences-->Downloads-->Download Actions-->View and Edit Actions...
    but I see no file extensions in there . I'm assuming it should be there, but it's not....

Can someone please help me here? Is there a config file I can edit manually to set what file types will be opened with or what the preferred action is?

Thanks in advance!

oz
    forum.guy
    Have you tried right-clicking the file you want opened to see if you can set the file association that way?

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    Have you tried right-clicking the file you want opened to see if you can set the file association that way?
    yea, i tried that too. it didn't give me an option. i also tried pressing ALT and/or CTL and right clicking without giving any extra options.

i finally tried adjusting the settings in kde without getting anywhere either.

i recently reinstalled arch (as i was having some problems with many various apps....i was using the least stable set of repos: unstable, testing, extra, community, current...in that order).

oh well..it was a learning experience and it's not like it takes all that long to reinstall anyways . i decided to try enlightenment again out of curiositly this time around