Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello - I am new to RedHat Linux and I am running Red Hat Linux Enterprise 4 on z/OS. The system was pre-installed for me, with the KDE desktop enabled. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Please Help with Add/Remove Applications

Hello -

I am new to RedHat Linux and I am running Red Hat Linux Enterprise 4 on z/OS. The system was pre-installed for me, with the KDE desktop enabled. I am now in the process of adding additional packages, such as GNOME and I am having problems with the Add/Remove Applications program. I cannot get the program to find my ISO images for cd1, cd2, cd3 and cd4 that are located on my system. here is the configuration as stated in the df -h display from the terminal screen. This is for the cd1 image

/mnt/linux/pub/RedHat/4.0/zseries/update1/isos/RHEL4-U1-s390x-AS-disc1.iso

mounted as ---->

/mnt/linux/pub/RedHat/4.0/zseries/update1/cd1

My question is how do I get the Add/Remove Application to recognize these mounted images? It keeps asking for the disk to be mounted, and I am doing this remotely, so I do not have physical disks to place into a cdrom drive. That is why I have the ISO images to use. What must I do to get it to recognize the ISO images?

Any assistance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. This is very frustrating.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ