Find the answer to your Linux question:
Recently firefox has started to lock up on certain sites. I'm not sure exactly what causes the lock up but clicking some links from slashdot cause lock ups and the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox likes to lock up

Recently firefox has started to lock up on certain sites. I'm not sure exactly what causes the lock up but clicking some links from slashdot cause lock ups and the "They Might be Giants" website causes it to lock up. Also CCS locks it up. If I open the same sites up in konquer I have no problems. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox with no changes. I removed the Java plugin which I thought could be the culprit but it still locks up.

It's FF 1.0.4 on Debian.

I have no real solution but might i suggest installing the latest version of firefox?

oz
    forum.guy
    I'll second the motion for the upgrade path. FF 1.0.4 had some issues that an upgrade might fix.

Just Joined!
    1.5 wasn't in testing yet so I had to change my sources to unstable just to get 1.5 but it appears to have cleared up the issues.

Just Joined!
    its not the version, the exact thing happened to me: ive used v.8, 1.3, 1.4 and the newest wutevr it is (1.5 i think). works perfectly then after using the os for a while firefox decides to **** up. then when i reinstall linux it works fine, until a few more days/weeks. ive only noticed this problem in fedora, is that what your using?