Find the answer to your Linux question:
I here everyone talking about k-lite and then i go to download it and it is going to cost me 40 dollars. is this right? did this many people download ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kazaa Lite for free?

I here everyone talking about k-lite and then i go to download it and it is going to cost me 40 dollars. is this right? did this many people download it for 40 dollars. help me out here and also my friend said that u can run kazaa the original one on linux if u have some program that sorta like makes it think its for windows. u can do the same thing to games he said. help me out here!

Linux Guru
    The program he's most likely referring to is wine:
    http://www.winehq.org/
    Mind that it doesn't always work, though. Different people get it to work with more or less success. Personally, I've hardly got it to work at all (and I don't really care about it either; why would I want Windows programs after all?), but I hear all kinds of stories about people running Max Payne and you mention it in it.

When it comes to Kazaa, I know nothing. I would heavily recommend against Kazaa. Use Direct Connect instead:
    http://dc.ketelhot.de/

Just Joined!

THANKS

thanks and that direct connect i would still need wine to use it for linux or could i just use it right on linux? U get wat i am saying? o i jsut read that it isn't even that great i am looking at the direct connect 2 2.0.2. one and they say get the dc++ what one is that?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    DC-GUI is a Linux implementation of a Direct Connect client.

I have tried using Kazaa, and in my experience, DC beats it any day. DC++ is yet another Windows client.

Linux Engineer
    i enver heard about a $40 fee, u sure its k-lite and not real kazaa, im pretty sure that wants money...

i use gtk-gnutella, and as the gtk impiles it is linux based.