Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded it just to see wat it was like and it just doesn't search or anything like i went to search for music and i typed in madonna and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Downloaded DC++ for windows and it doesn't work

I downloaded it just to see wat it was like and it just doesn't search or anything like i went to search for music and i typed in madonna and i clicked search. I didn't know if it even searched or not it just sat there and nothing happened. any ideas?

Linux Guru
    Since this forum mainly doesn't deal with Windows programs, you might find better luck if you look at the DC++ support forum at http://dcplusplus.sf.net/.

Linux Engineer
    i hate that program with a vengance, it failed to isntall 3/4 times, and when it did it refused to load.

from what i was told, u have to add a server ip/seach for a server before u can search for files.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    From the few times that I've used DC++, I can't say that I have had a problem with it.
    On the other hand, since I don't even have Windoze at home, I haven't used it too much. Since it is the most popular DC client, I do find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be working well, though.

Linux Engineer
    /me thinks it the way i "modify" windoze so its runs better...

i dont think it likes having the windows dir on a seperate partition than everythign else .. or the inasane number fo bacth files so that i can type linux commands and have them work. (i got sick of "ls: commadn not found" after about a hundred times)

Linux Guru
    Modifying Windoze is seldom a good idea in my experience. First of all, it makes it much more error prone if you don't do stuff the M$ way. Second, it makes it much harder to reinstall it once in a while. It is now more than a year since I stopped completely from using Windoze, but when I still did, I had modified my W98 so much that I didn't want to reinstall it, and that simply wasn't fun. It crashed on me at least five times a day. And that would have been a lucky day. And I couldn't reinstall...

That's actually my primary reason for using GNU/Linux instead. It not only allows for modification, it actually encourages it and wants you to modify it. And you never need to reinstall it.

Linux Engineer
    i know all about w98 not reinstalling... it kept coming up with random "cannot install to compressed hard drive" errors and other things that i dont use. in the end i installed it to another hdd and copied all the files to this 1 before i let it do its first boot setup crap.

the lengths i go to for an OS i will probably never touch once i get it running... i have too much free time...