Find the answer to your Linux question:
i'm installing bluefish and i need help on dependencies. i can't seem to get the right rpms fpr aspell and aspell-en. i downloaded aspell 0.50++ and aspell-en 0.51++. when RPMed, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

where to find

i'm installing bluefish and i need help on dependencies.

i can't seem to get the right rpms fpr aspell and aspell-en. i downloaded aspell 0.50++ and aspell-en 0.51++. when RPMed, one requires the other. ??? endless loop?

i also need a site download for libpcre and libpcre3-dev.

thanks!
    Registered User #345074

Linux Engineer
    good download site is rpm.pbone.net

to install multiple rpms type

rpm -Uvh package1.rpm packag2.rpm etc etc

Linux Engineer
    If you get thoose dependencies you can specifie both rpm-packages to the same command like this

Code:
    rpm -ivh <package1> <package2>
    Then the dependencies will be resolved.
    Regards

Andutt

Linux Engineer
    okay i ned to explain somethign here, the -U option will install rpm(s) if they do not exist on the system and will upgrade them to the new version if they already exist.

the -i option is install only, and will return an error if an earlier version of the software is detected.

Linux Engineer
    Exactly...good point hellmasker..
    Regards

Andutt

Linux User
    not to be ungrateful for you replies, but don't you think i already know that hellmasker? i'm even using --force but the damned thing just won't install it.

ibpcre3-dev, or similar, is nowhere to be found too. i've tried fresherpms.net, redhat downloads, rpm.pbone.net... not forgetting google and the 3 RH CDs... quick, gimme another site please! i keep getting libpcre when i search, and i need the dev package coz i'm compiling as an alternative. this RPM thing is stubborn. maybe i'll just uninstall and reinstall to a newer version of aspell, which i'm sure will still not work. aspell needs aspell-en and there goes the infinite loop.

peace man!
    Registered User #345074

Linux User
    ok, nevermind guys, but your help is highly appreciated. source compile was the final option for me, and it went smoothly! got the app! yahooey!
    Registered User #345074

Linux Engineer
    its kind of hard to know what people know (except dolda who seems to know almost everything), so i figure explain evrythign fully so any idiot could follow it and if u know what ur doing u will just ignore half of the picky details i write.

Linux User
    yep, i would say Dolda knows everything! i wonder how many years have to pass by before i become like him. ehehehe... i've stopped using winbloze for like 5++ months already. except when i have to do something that really requires winbloze...

ey Hellmasker, thanks nonetheless man!

Linux rules! Linux is kewl!
    Registered User #345074