Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey, i'm part of my school's studant's association, and we've just started running vector linux on our computers, after i tested it at home. it is by far better than ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation Database app, for linux

hey,

i'm part of my school's studant's association, and we've just started running vector linux on our computers, after i tested it at home. it is by far better than windows.
    we need to create a database to store various types of information (subscriptions, payments, projects, profiles), and since we are all linux newbies, we arent quite sure what software to use. we're looking for a program similar to microsoft access, where we can create a cusom database file. is there something similar to ms access included in open office? if not please just point us in the right direction. i would hate to have to install ms access on linux, that would be an insult.

any help is appreciated

cya

yes openoffice has something called openoffice base that should be similar to access
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

ah great!

also, if i need to use wine at some stage, is it aready included in soho? if it is, how do i run the package?