Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running a dual boot WinXP/Red Hat 9.0 system that has been going great. I have experienced a few problems along the way and this is the only unsolved ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WineX -- A wonder at uninstalling!

I am running a dual boot WinXP/Red Hat 9.0 system that has been going great. I have experienced a few problems along the way and this is the only unsolved one
    I wanted to play my windows games (specifically Jedi Knight: Outcast) on Linux so I decided to check out this program I heard about called 'WineX'. After visiting their site i decided that the free way was the way to go but since i'm new to Linux I decided to look for an RPM. I finally found this site: http://www003.portalis.it/115/ and downloaded their RPM. I double clicked on it and the RPM installer appeared. It asked no questions and just ran through some progress bars! After this I could not find the installation so I decided to reinstall WineX through the source on the WineX site. And In order to do this I was pretty sure I needed to uninstall WineX so this is what I did:

I started console and did $rpm -i winex....
    It said 'package already installed'
    So then i did $rpm -e winex..... to uninstall it and this is the message i got:
    'No such package installed'

After this I was stunned. What can I do?
    :o

Linux Engineer
    type
    rpm -qa|grep -i wine

this shoudl show up what is installed, its possible its isntalled under a different name so wont remove but shares files or something.