Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Newly installed fedora - really like it, I was testing the Scan and Ocr program to try the OCR tool and on starting the program I got this message ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kde Error in Fedora - how to fix that??

Hi,
    Newly installed fedora - really like it, I was testing the Scan and Ocr program to try the OCR tool and on starting the program I got this message "could not find mime type application/octet-stream" error message. I didn't think of anything at first - I then saw I needed to install the gocr program which I did install. And while in the process of trying this out I started to get this error message when opening various things. Like the quickbrowze access button on my taskbar which when turning it on I would get 12 messages.

But now, everytime I open Konqueror I get that error. I tried to remove konqueror, there does not seem to be a way - I am using synaptic and it does not show anything for that, it is not in the add/remove pgm lists either. Now this might not even be the right move to fix this situation. I googled for a while trying to find something on that with no luck.

Note: coincidently with that I got nspluginscan crashing at every boot, I turned off the scan for new plugin on the konqueror settings, that seemed to have fixed that.

So, if anyone has some clue to the meaning and fix for this error message - or if not, any idea how to dis- and re-install Konqueror

Cheers!

Just Joined!
    Hurry I found a fix for that. I needed to delete the file called octet-stream.desktop, it was likely corrupted. will see if any repercussions later on - all seems ok now.

Cheers!

Linux Engineer
    What exactly is this file? From the date of it's last modification, it looks like it was installed when I upgraded my deb packages.
    The best things in life are free.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    my guess would be its an attempt to redirect that file type to perform some operation on the desktop.