Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everybody, have one question "How can i record voice in linux". I am using FC4. i would be happy if you could write a sample code. My wish is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

voice recording linux

Hi everybody,

have one question "How can i record voice in linux". I am using FC4. i would be happy if you could write a sample code. My wish is to do some thing like this

>>program voice.wav
    !!!!----- records a voice from mic to "voice.wav"
    >>xine voice.wav

and i hear it.

Plase help me

Just Joined!
    i think sox is what you need. man sox should provide more information. also, if you have alsa installed you can use arecord.

Just Joined!
    Thakn you for answer

i would like to do some voice processing also. Now the DSP part for me is not problem. I just have to now how can i with linux in c++ capture voice and from there on i know what to do

Thx

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    apparently i didn't understand correctly the first time...you don't want an app that records wavs, you want to write one. well i guess you could look at the sox source code and get an idea, but i think you need a library to include in your app. maybe you should ask in the programming section. good luck.

Linux Newbie
    look at arecord

and the arecord source code.

Just Joined!
    Hi,

i looked at internet and at alsa and i could not find source for arecord. There is code for aplay, amixer ... but no for arecord. Can any body help me?

Thx