Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have problems using mplayer I have the 0.90 version. It only plays audio files. While playing video files, it, again, plays only the audio and does not show the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mplayer

I have problems using mplayer I have the 0.90 version. It only plays audio files. While playing video files, it, again, plays only the audio and does not show the video. I have the full pack of au/ve codecs instalIed. I checked the list of my video output drivers and it shows only 4 items. It does not even show the mpeg driver. Do i need to download the required drivers from somewhere?

Thankyou

Linux Engineer
    i woudl guess u have the wrong video output selected. these are NOT the codecs, but the drivers that send the video stream to your display. eg. to the X window system. since theres only 4 just try each 1 until it works.

Linux Guru
    There aren't just four video output drivers, there are actually a ton of them. It's just that if you compile it from source, it automatically only compiles those that you have interface files installed for. I have 17.
    swarooponmoon, did you compile MPlayer or did you install it from an RPM? If you run "mplayer -vo help", what does it return?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close