Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I'm not sure if this is the right place to start, but I'm not sure where else to look. My employer currently maintains a subscription to an online database ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Looking for a linux-based doc storage tool

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right place to start, but I'm not sure where else to look.

My employer currently maintains a subscription to an online database that catalogs .PPT, .zip, .jpg, and other files for use by our sales staff. The sales staff can log in, browse through images and files, and download them through a shopping card system.

Our sales team us not using it because they are not very web savvy, and the tool is overly complicated for our needs.

I'm looking for something similar that can run on Linux or BSD that I might be able to implement myself with a little bit of training. I'd like to be able to tweak the level of complexity and possibly add to it in the future. Also, it would be nice to be able to edit the interface (graphics/skin).

If anyone has ideas on where I can look or, preferably, what package I could use, please let me know.

Thanks,

------------------S

You have a number of choices, and depending on the amount of work you want to do, lots of things to consider.

Are your users using windows? Will it need a web-interface?

You can probably do what you want with CVS, but I'm not sure that'd match your requirements.

You probably want some kind of SQL database with some custom front-ends. You might even find (with the right google) a package that already does 90% of what you need, and only require a little tweaking.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Linux User
    sounds like the download module of a CMS system..

http://www.opensourcecms.com

Click on the reviews link and you can try any of the CMS packages listed LIVE and check out the ADMIN functions aswell..
    far...out

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close