Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just thought I'd share some useful knowledge with the world. It took me some time and effort to find this, and thus I don't think that the majority of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Acrobat Reader Tip

I just thought I'd share some useful knowledge with the world. It took me some time and effort to find this, and thus I don't think that the majority of people have found it. In fact, I just found it by coincidence.

The thing is that if you download Acrobat Reader from Adobe's homepage (I know, it's not free, and therefore I'm really against using it, but it is the best PDF reader out there yet), it does actually come with a Mozilla plugin, so that you can get the same kind of "inline" PDF view that you can easily get in Windoze.

My Adobe PDF reader installed itself in /usr/local/Acrobat5. In this directory, wherever it might be on your system (although it should be the same), there is a subdirectory called "Browsers". If you copy the file Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so to your ~/.mozilla/plugins directory and chmod it to 755, Mozilla will see it on the next restart (or if you select About Plug-ins in the Help menu, you can make it update the plugin registry without exiting Mozilla), and you'll be able to get that nice inline PDF view.

Note: My version of the Acrobat Reader is 5.0.5. I don't know if the same applies to other versions.

Linux Engineer
    im pretty sure konqueror (usign gw or whatever that pdf viewer is called) gives the same thing for free.

Linux Guru
    Oh yes, that might be, but I don't use KDE. =)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close