Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have just installed koffice 1.3.5 on my computer, all of the components are installed e.g kword, kspread... but when I try to start any of these programs, they don't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Koffice

I have just installed koffice 1.3.5 on my computer, all of the components are installed e.g kword, kspread... but when I try to start any of these programs, they don't start.

If I try to run it in a kernal I get this error message: kword: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkofficecore.so.2: undefined symbol: _ZN11KMainWindow7setIconERK7QPixmap

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

It looks like you have a dependency issue - probably caused by one of the koffice core components being out of sync with the others. I'm not familiar with Mandrake, but I'd suggest that you go back to your package manager and see if there is a version issue that you can resolve by updating these components. If you cant fathom it, then it may be best to uninstall the program, then re-install from scratch using the package manager.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!

I tried that

I tried un- installing koffice and then re- installing it but then I got the same results as before, it doesn't start in KDE or the terminal.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close