Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well I set up kmail but it will not send mail out through my gmail. I have followed the direction given by gmail for the port and everythng but all ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems with Kmail and Evolution

Well I set up kmail but it will not send mail out through my gmail. I have followed the direction given by gmail for the port and everythng but all I can do is recieve mail. How do I fix this??? Oh and evolution will send my emails out through gmail but wont recieve/retreive them.

i know in evolution you have to set it where it's Use Secure Connection must be "ALWAYS" or it won't work with gmail that's sending and receiving. Kmail seems SSL isn't turned on. when you are looking at the edit page there is a second tab you have to click on and then click SSL. then click ok and it should work. i don't use KMail anymore or i'd check for sure.
    Desktop: Dual Xeon 2.8 GHz 1.5 GB RAM Ubuntu/XP Pro
    Laptop: Macbook 2 GHz C2Duo 3 GB RAM OS X/ Ubuntu/ XP Pro
    Linux Registration #396559

Go 'Stros!

Just Joined!
    Ok I got this figured out I didnt check for it to save me passwd and for some reason with thought it it would work. I now have freepops to fetch my yahoo mail and my hotmail but Yahoo work an hotmail won't so I need to figure this out now