Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to watch some of the NCAA games and it uses the windows media player. So I downloaded mozilla (I ussually use firefox) and installed mplayer and mplayer-plugin via ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mozilla mplayer plugin has no video

I'm trying to watch some of the NCAA games and it uses the windows media player. So I downloaded mozilla (I ussually use firefox) and installed mplayer and mplayer-plugin via apt (Ubuntu 5.10). I can hear the games and there is a grey box telling me what is playing but I can't see the video. How do I get the video to show too? Better yet, how can I get firefox1.5 to show an windows media player alternative (I couldn't find a workable guide, all was for 1.0.7)

do you have win32codecs or w32codecs installed? (you should be able to do this via apt).
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

might also be called "essentialcodecs" which if you can't get through apt for some reason can be gotten here

also mplayerplug-in works fine with firefox 1.5 you just need to put the proper .so file in firefox plugins and the proper .xpt files in firefox components directory.

for instructions look here
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL