Find the answer to your Linux question:
i'm currently running SuSE 10.0 and amaroK 1.3.8-14.1 which refuses to scan my MP3 collection correctly. Tag data are not displayed correctly in the Playlist (the filename appears in 'Title' ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

amaroK - Can't Build Collection (1.3.8-14.1)

i'm currently running SuSE 10.0 and amaroK 1.3.8-14.1 which refuses to scan my MP3 collection correctly.

Tag data are not displayed correctly in the Playlist (the filename appears in 'Title' only) and running 'Build Collection' does nothing. The collection is scanned but nothing is added.

However, running amaroK 1.3.8-14 on SuSE 9.2 works perfectly. Tag data are displayed correctly and the Collection is buit as it should be.

Any ideas what might be amiss?
    Registered Linux User #379728

SuSE 10.3 :: Athlon XP 3000+ :: AsRock K7VT4A Pro :: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT :: C-Media 8738

www.psypherpunk.org.uk

i'm running ubuntu but had a similar problem. i don't remember completely but i believe all i did was remove and reinstall and it started working for me.
    Desktop: Dual Xeon 2.8 GHz 1.5 GB RAM Ubuntu/XP Pro
    Laptop: Macbook 2 GHz C2Duo 3 GB RAM OS X/ Ubuntu/ XP Pro
    Linux Registration #396559

Go 'Stros!

Hmmm...tried that. Tried removing the relevant .kde subdirs. and reinstalling without success.

However, i'm now pretty sure it's a Samba problem. The mp3 files live in a mounted Samba directory and when played or scanned from there the problem occurs. If they're copied locally, it doesn't. Root also has the same problem.

SuSE 10.3 :: Athlon XP 3000+ :: AsRock K7VT4A Pro :: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT :: C-Media 8738

www.psypherpunk.org.uk

i'm beginning to think this is actually an issue with TagLib. Both Juk and amaroK use this (as i understand it) and both seem to have problems with it (again, only on SusE 10.0).

i've tried recompiling both amaroK and TagLib from source which hasn't made any difference. No one seen anything similar before?

www.psypherpunk.org.uk