Find the answer to your Linux question:
when surfing with winXP ie 6.0, the pages,fonts are better than in linux. i think its because the most web pages are prepared according to ie. which browser do you ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Browsers

when surfing with winXP ie 6.0, the pages,fonts are better than in linux.
    i think its because the most web pages are prepared according to ie.

which browser do you think is the best in linux?
    Have a nice day

Linux Engineer
    i personally prefer firebird... it's a very nice browser.. i don't know what i'd do without tabbed browsing.. so much easier to manage than multiple windows...

anything mozilla should do just fine, though..

Just Joined!
    ....agree 200% firebird is king! I don't know hoe I ever lived before tabbed browsing...

however if you're planing on running it on a not-so up-to-date machine.... try galeon first

Linux Engineer
    ha ha ha, opera had tabbed browsign before mozilla... i have used opera since version 5.0 (current is 7.23) and its really fast, and only like 4mb download. it does have some issues with IE javasript and any othe rMS only type stuff.

netscap/mozilla/firebird handle that sort of code quite a bit better but they are much bigger and slower.... and dont have a OSX skin.

Firebird does kick ass and i belive it will easly compete with Opera for speed plus no banner and its GPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Giro
    Firebird does kick ass and i belive it will easly compete with Opera for speed plus no banner and its GPL.
    I agree totaly :D

Just take a look at my arvatar :) it's PNG, IE rapes it (kills the transparency, with some uggly color) :(
    In MFB(Mozilla Firebird; my favo.), it look's nice :)
    I've installed the MNG/JNG* extension for MFB, I hope JNG and MNG get's more time in the highligt.
    Besidesn IE doesn't support JavaScript (M$ got a queer version valled JScript), and then there is the question about other stanards, aren't they to be followed billy?

*summary:
    MNG: animated pngs
    JNG: JPEG + png alpha transparency :)
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.