Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, Octave is the GNU version of the Matlab. I wonder if there is a GNU open source version of Simulink. Is there an open source program that allows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Simulink / Control Systems / (Analog/Digital) Time domain Simulation

Hi all,
    Octave is the GNU version of the Matlab. I wonder if there is a GNU open source version of Simulink. Is there an open source program that allows creation of blocks like Simulink ? or a library for simulating control systems [G(s) & H(z)] ?

Thanks !

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question. I'm just interested to hear that there's a free(?) version of Matlab out there.

What platforms does it run on? Are the scripts compatible with Matlab? I don't suppose it has all the great toolkits (ie. Control Systems, Fuzzy Logic, etc.) does it?

I use Matlab/Simulink all the time. I think I'll look into this.
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamabama
    Sorry I don't have an answer to your question. I'm just interested to hear that there's a free(?) version of Matlab out there.

What platforms does it run on? Are the scripts compatible with Matlab? I don't suppose it has all the great toolkits (ie. Control Systems, Fuzzy Logic, etc.) does it?

I use Matlab/Simulink all the time. I think I'll look into this.
    It is not Matlab ... It is Octave ...
    GNU Octave is a high-level language, primarily intended for numerical computations. It provides a convenient command line interface for solving linear and nonlinear problems numerically, and for performing other numerical experiments using a language that is mostly compatible with Matlab. It may also be used as a batch-oriented language.
    Octave has extensive tools for solving common numerical linear algebra problems, finding the roots of nonlinear equations, integrating ordinary functions, manipulating polynomials, and integrating ordinary differential and differential-algebraic equations. It is easily extensible and customizable via user-defined functions written in Octave's own language, or using dynamically loaded modules written in C++, C, Fortran, or other languages.

What platforms does it run on?
    Windows & Linux ...etc....

Are the scripts compatible with Matlab?
    In my experience, 95% .... some are not ..like when I tried the sparse matrix

I don't suppose it has all the great toolkits (ie. Control Systems, Fuzzy Logic, etc.) does it?
    It has some tools but we compare Matlab & Octave ... not the extensions !
    You moved me to another tool which is not compatible with Matlab ... It is Scilab ... It has a lot of toolboxes some of them are better than Matlab and it is under GNU ....
    Both tools are here : http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/ & http://www.scilab.org/

Good luck !

Just Joined!
    There are a lot of similar toolboxes available for Octave as well. The Octave-forge project has a number of toolboxes available such as controls and signal processing. They do not have everything that the Matlab toolboxes have but they have a lot. Signing up on the Octave mailing list is a great way to ask questions and collaborate with other Octave users as well.

Just Joined!
    Scilab has both script and modeling