Find the answer to your Linux question:
Back when I was learning about CUPS and how to add printers, I attempted to add my printer on four occaisions. Three of these attempts wound up being misconfigured. When ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Cups - Cannot delete printer!

Back when I was learning about CUPS and how to add printers, I attempted to add my printer on four occaisions. Three of these attempts wound up being misconfigured. When I use the CUPS configuration utility through Firefox, and I try to delete any of these printer configurations, I get "sever not found."

I've tried deleting these misconfigured printer instances with gnome-cups-manager. I right click on the icon of the unwanted printer configurations, click "delete" and momentarily they go away. Then, like damn zombies they reappear! I've tried deleting them with my printer disconnected but they still reappear! I can't get rid of them!

I looked in /etc/cups/printers.conf and the only printer that shows up there is the one that I configured correctly. Where is cups finding these other printer configurations? Why can't I delete them and only have the one correct printer configuration in my CUPS configuration utility??

Any help appreciated.

Dapper
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 04-24-2006 at 04:34 AM.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

I kept getting "server not found" because it was looking for the server at localhost.localdomain. I checked /etc/hosts and it only had localhost. I edited /etc/hosts to have:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost lo localhost.localdomain
    instead of just:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    And now I can delete these unwanted printer configurations!

EDIT: Not solved! The printers keep coming back like zombies in the CUPS configuration too!! Yaaaaahhhhh!
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 04-24-2006 at 04:36 AM.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here