Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i am a Slackware 10.2 user on a desktop...i downloaded the Mplayer setup file..the (.tgz) file from www.linuxpackages.net and installed it using installpkg...... but it is not running at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cool MPlayer is adamant

hi

i am a Slackware 10.2 user on a desktop...i downloaded the Mplayer setup file..the (.tgz) file from www.linuxpackages.net and installed it using installpkg...... but it is not running at all...... it shows the busy cursor for sometime and then it goes off....

i tried reinstalling it but no use..... what could be the problem?? and how can i overcome it??

one more thing......

i downloaded another setup file ...it is (.tar.bz2).. and i dont know how to install from this kind of file......tell me how to install from such files......and also from (.bin) files

Banned
    Unpackage it
    Code:
    cd /place/where/it/is
    ./configure
    make
    su
    make install

Ok no use opening a new thread so I will write here.

I'm a newbie in SuSE 10.0 and I don't know how to configure it. In the readme file it says that I have to configure it first and then compile it. When I type ./configure the console tells me that the command does not exist. So what to do?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by the_music_man
    Ok no use opening a new thread so I will write here.

I'm a newbie in SuSE 10.0 and I don't know how to configure it. In the readme file it says that I have to configure it first and then compile it. When I type ./configure the console tells me that the command does not exist. So what to do?

Have you changed directory to the current working directory?
    eg

cd /home/andy/compileProgram