Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok I have MSN messenger at work and at home because the phone ain't cheap this days. So the problem is that I found a perfect clone for me - ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

MSN messenger for SuSe 10.0

Ok I have MSN messenger at work and at home because the phone ain't cheap this days. So the problem is that I found a perfect clone for me - aMsn - but the SuSe 10.0 install has been removed (don't know why) so I was hoping if anyone knows a place where I can get it or an appropriate alternative.

Thank you.

"To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

You are right... nothing for Suse, all links are broken.

You can try:

Gaim
    http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

Kopete:
    http://kopete.sourceforge.net/index.php

...and all the others:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...saging_clients
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Strange, maybe they found a bug for SuSE. Anywho thank you for the alternatives. I'm kindda a newbie in Linux so tell me are there any security risks
    with these clones?

edit: What is the easiest way to install it on SuSE?

Gaim integrates more nicely with a GNOME desktop, and Kopete with a KDE desktop.

I'm am not aware of any security risk with one or the other, appart from the usual "don't accept files from strangers while chatting, don't give away password, etc."

I guess you can found many instant messengers in YAST, for sure Gaim and Kopete are there. That would be the easiest way to install them.

Which one is better depends enterely on your tastes and aethetic preferences.

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    I'm running kopete on SuSe with the KDE desktop and I prefer it over msn messenger. You should already have kopete installed if you're running the KDE.

Linux Newbie
    You can find the aMSN SUSE 10.0 rpm here.