Find the answer to your Linux question:
The Alias gives nick to other commands for example alias c="clear" this command create a nic "c" for "clear" command but when you relogin these alise was cleared. How can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

little about alias

The Alias gives nick to other commands
    for example
    alias c="clear"
    this command create a nic "c" for "clear" command
    but when you relogin these alise was cleared.
    How can i put it permanently.

thanxxx

Linux User
    Take a look here http://www.bellevuelinux.org/alias.html

Here's the info that you are looking for.

Making Aliases Permanent

The main disadvantage with the alias command is that any alias set up with it remains in effect only during the current login session (i.e., until the user logs out or the computer is shut down). Although this might not be much of a problem for systems which are rebooted (i.e., restarted) only infrequently (such as corporate database servers), it can be a nuisance for systems that are frequently rebooted (e.g., home computers).

Fortunately, however, any alias can be made more enduring (i.e., until it is explicitly removed) by writing it to the appropriate configuration file with a text editor. The name and location of such file can vary according to the system. In the case of Red Hat Linux, an alias for any user can be added to the .bashrc file in that user's home directory. Because this file is read at login, the change will not take effect until the user has logged in again.

Aliases for the root user can be made permanent by entering them in the .bashrc file in the root's home directory, i.e., in /root/.bashrc. System-wide aliases can be put in the /etc/bashrc file. The system needs to be restarted before system-wide aliases can take effect.