Find the answer to your Linux question:
i've got a couple of DVD+R DLs that i want to burn to. However, the size of the content is only ~4Gb. When using either K3b or growisofs to burn ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

K3b/growisofs...

i've got a couple of DVD+R DLs that i want to burn to. However, the size of the content is only ~4Gb. When using either K3b or growisofs to burn this i get a complaint that "more than 50% of the space will be wasted".

While i appreciate the sentiment, i can't seem to find a way to force either to burn. Is it possible to do so?
    Registered Linux User #379728

SuSE 10.3 :: Athlon XP 3000+ :: AsRock K7VT4A Pro :: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT :: C-Media 8738

www.psypherpunk.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by PsypherPunk
    i've got a couple of DVD+R DLs that i want to burn to. However, the size of the content is only ~4Gb. When using either K3b or growisofs to burn this i get a complaint that "more than 50% of the space will be wasted".

While i appreciate the sentiment, i can't seem to find a way to force either to burn. Is it possible to do so?
    A very good question. I just ran into the same situation using growisofs. I looked at the man page ("man growisofs") but could not find any way to turn that warning off.

Just Joined!

A "solution"

Quote Originally Posted by daihard View Post
    A very good question. I just ran into the same situation using growisofs. I looked at the man page ("man growisofs") but could not find any way to turn that warning off.
    As blatantly retarded this is, especially in an operating system designed for use by professionals and experts, you can get around it by simply appending a bunch of garbage at the end of the ISO image just to make the damned thing happy.

This doesn't just happen on dual layer DVDs either, this happens on DVDs. My DVD image from mklivecd is just under 2GB, so this stupid program isn't allowing me to burn a DVD and of course, I can't use a CDROM. Brilliant.