Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using ximian evolution as my mail client. I was working fine uptil now but as I invoke it and press new button for new messages the entire window ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

evolution problem

I am using ximian evolution as my mail client. I was working fine uptil now but as I invoke it and press new button for new messages the entire window hangs. I just see a message at the bottom "saving to /home/amitgurung/evolution/mail/inbox.. " The window hangs for some time and the new composer window appears after a long time.

Could you please tell me what could be the possible cause for this kind of behaviour.
    I did check that the path specified earlier is accessible but is on network.

Regards,
    Amit

Just Joined!
    I'll add evolution ximian problem. I've just change the configuration for an exchange account that was working fine due to a server migration. The mail is working fine, but I can't access to calendars nor tasks nor contacts

When I check exhange plugin I see all echange's folder, even calendar, contacts and tasks.

Any idea?

Evolution

i have configure evolution on fedora 5, RHEL4 AS its working fine...
    if you cant see the task,calender,etc in the left pane. try: view>>window>>{mail/calender/tasks/}
    kindly be specific while posting questions on the forums..

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks Siliconheart. In fact I see calendar, contacts and tasks in the left panel, but I can't access the appointments of the exchange because I can't click on the corresponding check box.

If I look at the status bar in the botton when trying to clik check box I see that Evolution is trying to connect to the old box.

I had similar evolution problems when using IMAP recently. When I upgraded both my laptop and my desktop (from FC4 and FC2 respectively) to FC5, on both machines evolution refused point-blank to work with my FC2 server, the error was just as you describe above. I went back to KMail for a while. When I upgraded my server recently to CentOS4 and Dovecot IMAP server, the problem went away for FC5, but seems to have reared its head for my one FC4 machine now.

Personally, I think evolution has some issues with the way it implements IMAP, but it's probably down to the way it tries to do some pretty clever-dick stuff.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!

Thumbs up

Finally I've solved the problem ! It isn't a "cientific" solutions but it works: Just change the name of the account !!!

Doing that appears Calendar, Contacts and Task of the Exchange Account.

The old ones remain there, just ignore them