Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, im very new to linux and as a result of MS apps being so easy to setup with minimal configuation im abit stumped on this.... At work we use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Abit of advice on proxys please

Hey, im very new to linux and as a result of MS apps being so easy to setup with minimal configuation im abit stumped on this....

At work we use a proxy filtering system called "Cachepilot", and to be quite frank it is aload of tosh. So im after a free replacement for it. Ive looked about and so far it looks like the ones to go for are squidguard or dansguardian.

The main things i need the system to do is filter according to usergroup (ie one group has access to a few more websites) using LDAP (if possible). TBH thats it realy, it just needs to do content filtering as cachepilot only does it from blacklists which obviously isnt perfect.

Now what im after is a proper newbie guide to configuring one of these systems (or another if you can suggest a better one). Ive managed the easy bit of installing - had dansguardian running fine on its own but i need LDAP (or maybe one with a web interface to add users manually then giving them a password box).

Thanx to anyone who replys as i know this is alot to ask

BTW i work in a school so most apps are free to me

Just Joined!
    Bumperty bump