Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I'm trying to install Tora under OpenSuSE 10.1. This worked perfect on previous versions (9.3 and 10.0). Tora is an Oracle administration tool, also available for linux. I used the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Toolkit for Oracle on OpenSuSE10.1

I'm trying to install Tora under OpenSuSE 10.1. This worked perfect on previous versions (9.3 and 10.0). Tora is an Oracle administration tool, also available for linux. I used the following options to configure it:
    Code:
    ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt3/ 
    --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt3/lib/ 
    --with-qt-includes=/usr/lib/qt3/include/ 
    --with-oracle=/home/rustam/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1 
    --with-kde 
    --with-prefix=/home/rustam/tora
    Configuration checks complete successfully. All QT requirements met, also oci8 check passed successfully, and it seems to be ready to compile.

But, compilation fails with the following message:

Code:
    tothread.cpp: In member function ‘void toThread::start()’:
    tothread.cpp:190: error: ‘toThreadStartWrapper’ was not declared in this scope
    tothread.cpp: In member function ‘void toThread::startAsync()’:
    tothread.cpp:199: error: ‘toThreadStartWrapper’ was not declared in this scope
    make[1]: *** [tora-tothread.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rustam/Downloads/tora-1.3.21'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Any suggestions?

Note 1: QT, which installed from SuSE CD was compiled with multithreading support.
    Note 2: I tried to configure Tora with "--disable-threading" option also but failed.

Linux Newbie
    I'm don't often post questions on this forum, but when I do, it means that I really need your help, guys. Please, don't let me down ANY comments on above subject, plz. TIA.

Just Joined!

Lightbulb Same problem on FC5 and workaround

I got the exact same error compiling on FC5. Google turned up two posts referencing patches to fix it being committed to the tora tree (http://lists.pld-linux.org/mailman/p...22/106775.html) , so I built from source. Basically do:

1. svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tora tora
    2. cd into the tora directory
    3. ./autogen.sh
    4. from here configure/compile as you normally would

I've only started the resulting tora once and successfully connected to an oracle database, beyond that I can only assume it is working normally.

Just Joined!
    s/built from source/built from latest source in svn/

Linux Newbie
    10x, I'll try it and post results.

Linux Newbie
    I worked, great thanks!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by griznog
    I got the exact same error compiling on FC5. Google turned up two posts referencing patches to fix it being committed to the tora tree (http://lists.pld-linux.org/mailman/p...22/106775.html) , so I built from source. Basically do:

1. svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tora tora
    2. cd into the tora directory
    3. ./autogen.sh
    4. from here configure/compile as you normally would

I've only started the resulting tora once and successfully connected to an oracle database, beyond that I can only assume it is working normally.
    i did step 1...step 2...step 3 and step 4...but i still get the error message when i do a make.
    im also running fedora core 5
    any ideas?

Linux Newbie
    I gave up using TORA due to many difficulties and uncomfortable child windows management. Can't get output window, query window and schema browser get open together. Found another great tool called Aqua Datastudio. Written on java, thus platform independent and yet as quick as native QT application. Try it.

Just Joined!

Toolkit for Oracle Fedora 5

Using the previous postings I was able to figure out a simple fix for the toThreadStartWrapper declaration error in tothread.cpp. Simply add the function declaration "void *toThreadStartWrapper(void *t);" to file "tothread.cpp" after line #157. The file should look like this after the change.

#define THREAD_ASSERT(x) if((x)!=0) { \
    throw (qApp->translate("toThread","Thread function \"%1\" failed.").arg(QString::fromLatin1( #x ))); }

void *toThreadStartWrapper(void *t);

void toThread::initAttr()

Hope this helps someone.

tmp
    Just Joined!
    hm(
    how can i update from svn?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast