Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I searched on Sourceforge for a Linux compatible kazaa client and found Apollon. I also saw that it had an all in one installer so I downloaded it thinking that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apollon

I searched on Sourceforge for a Linux compatible kazaa client and found Apollon. I also saw that it had an all in one installer so I downloaded it thinking that life would be easy. After unzipping the file I entered the new directory and ran the install.sh. First it asked me where I wanted to have the program installed and recommended either /usr or /usr/local. I chose /usr. Then it states that the application is being unpacked followed by a line that says Compiling giFT. It fails the compilation and I get this error:

Code:
    libltdl support is temporarily required.  Please install the appropriate
    library and header files (which includes the -dev package).  See config.log
    for more details.
    Now when it asked me for this library I looked on my Mandrake install disk for the .RPM. I found that this library was already installed to

Code:
    /usr/lib/libltdl.so.3
    /usr/lib/libltdl.so.3.1.0
    /usr/share/doc/libltdl3-1.4.3
    /usr/share/doc/libltdl3-1.4.3/README
    I changed my $PATH variable to include these directories.

Code:
    export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib:/usr/share/doc
    I still get the above error about libltdl however. Can anyone shed some light onto this?[/code]

Linux Engineer
    did you also check for the devel package? it is different than the main package for the libraries...
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Just Joined!
    I don't think I have that one but I searched my installation CDs and on the internet and I couldn't find those libraries.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    libldtl* belongs to the libtool libraries.. make sure that you have libtool and libtool-devel installed
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Just Joined!
    Ok I got libtools off the internet and reinstalled them and got past the part I was originally stuck at. Now a new problem has arisen. While I'm running ./configure for Apollon I get this:

Code:
    checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
    I know Qt is installed because I spent an hour compiling and installing it. But I can't make the ./configure see it.

Linux Engineer
    did you check that the version of QT is >=3.1?? also, make sure that you have the QT *development* package installed.. that is what contains the header files and such that configure is looking for...

Just Joined!
    I have version 3.3. I went and installed the x11-free version of Qt 3.3. It still doesn't work. Is there a configuration file I should look for? What about an evnironment variable?

Linux Engineer
    the package should be something like qt-<version>-devel-i386.rpm or whatever.. it will have the word "devel" in it.. the *development* packages are where all of the *headers* are...

Just Joined!
    I didn't use a .rpm file, I compiled from source. I'll try to find an rpm.

Just Joined!
    I give up. Installing this isn't worth all the trouble it's causing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast