Find the answer to your Linux question:
I currently have Mozilla Firebird 0.7 installed on my Debian machine. I am currently experiencing a problem when I switch virtual desktop where I lose total keyboard control for the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Mozilla Firebird Bug?

I currently have Mozilla Firebird 0.7 installed on my Debian machine. I am currently experiencing a problem when I switch virtual desktop where I lose total keyboard control for the browser. For example, if I leave open a browser on virtual space 2 and leave the cursor is blinking on the address bar, search bar or any input field and leave this virtual space, once I come back to it, my keyboard has no interaction. Has anyone experienced this same problem?
    The best things in life are free.

I experience the same thing from time to time, but what solves it for me is to have the cursor over the text area and switch viritual desktop. Then the text area becomes typeable again.

I have that problem, as well. I just ALT+TAB to another window, then bring fb back up and it works.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Yea, the only way to actually gain control again is to leave the cursor over a non-input area and switch virtual desktops again. I wonder if I should submit this as a bug in the Mozilla forums.

I know that Mozilla (the regular browser) doesn't have this problem. Furthermore, I don't think Mozilla-Thunderbird (mail client) has this problem either.

Linux Engineer
    i get it occasionally, and i also got it with opera. it fixes itself if u minimize the browser window then brign it back

Just Joined!
    i get the same problem on fluxbox, what i do is:
    before chaging virtual desktop e double click on window header, minimizing firebird to a tab... when i need it, i doubleclick it again, it expands firebird and no problem.

Linux Engineer
    Well, I guess what I'm trying to say here is that if we are all having this problem, I'm thinking that it's definetly a bug that needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by bpark
    Yea, the only way to actually gain control again is to leave the cursor over a non-input area and switch virtual desktops again. I wonder if I should submit this as a bug in the Mozilla forums.

I know that Mozilla (the regular browser) doesn't have this problem. Furthermore, I don't think Mozilla-Thunderbird (mail client) has this problem either.
    I sometimes get it at mozilla (regular as well) so I highly doubt that its a thunderbird specific bug

Kriss

Linux Guru
    Yeah, there is something strange with Mozilla's text entry widgets. Sometimes it steals focus completely, sometimes it won't accept focus... I really don't see why they haven't fixed it yet. Would someone care to enter it into Mozilla's Bugzilla?