Find the answer to your Linux question:
currently i want to make some documentation for my office that's includes (user program : mozilla, conqueror, open office, etc) in my own languange (indonesian) but can you tell me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PrintScreen SysRq

currently i want to make some documentation for my office that's includes (user program : mozilla, conqueror, open office, etc) in my own languange (indonesian) but can you tell me how to get some pictures on program module (if we are using windows and want to get some pictures of IE or Micr* Word i only push "PrintScreen SysRq" button on keyboard, and how in linux (i am using GNOME, RedHat Linux 7.3 (at home) and both KDE and GNOME, RedHat Linux 7.2 (in my office)

thanks for your help

Linux Engineer
    If you have gimp installed you can use the "aquire - screenshot" from the main file menu. It allows you to grab either the whole screen or just the the active window. then save it as jpeg or some other format. there are other image applications that allow you to do this - i believe one called pixieplus or something exists among others. pressing the PrintScreen SysRq button in windows just copys the entire output to the clipboard which leaves you with a massive image that you need to then copy to an image application and save as jpeg or whatever...