Find the answer to your Linux question:
What apps can I use for this player?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Does the Creative Zen Vision:M works ?

What apps can I use for this player?

Just Joined!
    hi So does anyone would be working on creative zen vision m? Lots of people got it and Im willing to pay alot.
    thanks

Linux Newbie
    You could try KZenExplorer. I didn't specifically see the Vision listed as supported, but it might work. You could also try Gnomad2 or amaroK.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I have this an so far have been unable to find anything that will work with it. The software for the vision will not run under wine as well. I'm still trying to find a way to get this to work.

Just Joined!
    hi thanks for the reply. i'll be waiting your doing a good job it would be great if you can do it!.

could you please keep us updated

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by armyguy5
    I have this an so far have been unable to find anything that will work with it. The software for the vision will not run under wine as well. I'm still trying to find a way to get this to work.
    I have had the same result...so as of now I have a 30G usb drive I guess. I have made the move to linux and I am 99.999% linux self sufficient, however my MP3 player is very important to me (im adicted to the twit podcasts) so I have no choice but to pop onto a windows computer now and then to transfer mp3's over to my vision:m

Linux Newbie
    Since no one has found a program that will work with it yet, you could contact the developers of your prefered audio app and request adding support. It might help and it doesn't cost you anything more than a little time to try.

Just Joined!
    hi thanks for the reply so could you please be able to tell me where I could email them?

thanks again

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch04
    hi thanks for the reply so could you please be able to tell me where I could email them?

thanks again
    I suggest looking through their website. Most projects have an email address that you can contact them at.

Just Joined!
    Just wanted to let you all know that my Zen Vision:M works perfectly under Gnomad2. Have any of you had problems with it? Does running it from the command-line give any errors?

It allows you to transfer songs/data to/from the player, has support for playlists, etc. It doesn't officially say anything about supporting it, but it hasn't given me any problems at all. Under "Player Info", it even recognizes it as a ZVM.