Find the answer to your Linux question:
I successfully installed RealPlayer8 on my machine. I have now started my wife on Linux with her machine and tried to install RealPlayer. The web site says it's RealPlayer with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    sam
    Just Joined!

RealPlayer9

I successfully installed RealPlayer8 on my machine. I have now started my wife on Linux with her machine and tried to install RealPlayer. The web site says it's RealPlayer with RealVideo 9 codec upgrade and offers several different versions. Now I'm new to Linux and it seems I always need the i386 files but when I select the Linux2.x (lbc6 i386) RPM all that copmes up is a screen full of characters.
    I also downloaded the Linux/Alpha (RedHat 6.2) which comes as a .bin file but the commands they give to unpack it won't work. This is frustrating having already done it on my machine and not being able to repeat myself.

http://tinyurl.com/2xo3f

If you download and install that, does it work (That's the one I tested, and it works ok..)

Good luck

sam
    Just Joined!
    I couldn't get the Linux/Alpha (RedHat 6.2) to unpack. I run the chmod command they have on the site and got an error that I couldn't open a .bin file

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    sam
    Just Joined!
    I have solved the problem. When I tried to d/l from the US site I got characters on my wife's computer. I tried on mine and it went right to the d/l box. I tried again on the wife's computer and choose Germany and it went right to download. I got it up and running.

Thanks for the help.