Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: RealPlayer9

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

RealPlayer9

I successfully installed RealPlayer8 on my machine. I have now started my wife on Linux with her machine and tried to install RealPlayer. The web site says it's RealPlayer with RealVideo 9 codec upgrade and offers several different versions. Now I'm new to Linux and it seems I always need the i386 files but when I select the Linux2.x (lbc6 i386) RPM all that copmes up is a screen full of characters.
    I also downloaded the Linux/Alpha (RedHat 6.2) which comes as a .bin file but the commands they give to unpack it won't work. This is frustrating having already done it on my machine and not being able to repeat myself.

http://tinyurl.com/2xo3f

If you download and install that, does it work (That's the one I tested, and it works ok..)

Good luck

Just Joined!
    I couldn't get the Linux/Alpha (RedHat 6.2) to unpack. I run the chmod command they have on the site and got an error that I couldn't open a .bin file

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I have solved the problem. When I tried to d/l from the US site I got characters on my wife's computer. I tried on mine and it went right to the d/l box. I tried again on the wife's computer and choose Germany and it went right to download. I got it up and running.

Thanks for the help.