Find the answer to your Linux question:
I try to compile Mozilla, Thunderbird, Firefox with NSS support for evolution. 1. The 3 packages come with almost similar source code. The results are 3 sets of similar directories: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Question Mozilla, Thunderbird, Firefox, NSS

I try to compile Mozilla, Thunderbird, Firefox with NSS support for evolution.

1. The 3 packages come with almost similar source code. The results are 3 sets of similar directories:
    /usr/include/thunderbird ......
    /usr/include/mozilla.....
    /usr/include/firefox......
    The content of the above directories are exactly the same.

The duplication also occur with /usr/lib/thunderbird ...., etc

Is it possible to create a single sets of directories and save space and time?
    (several hundreds MB).

2. NSS cannot be compiled and installed automatically. I had to compile /mozilla/security manually and install it manually. How to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by xxqq
    Is it possible to create a single sets of directories and save space and time? (several hundreds MB).
    Not that I'm aware of.
    2. NSS cannot be compiled and installed automatically. I had to compile /mozilla/security manually and install it manually. How to solve this problem?
    NSS is a package that has a very specific install routine, if you use the instructions from the following link you should be able to do it no problem.
    http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs...stlfs/nss.html

You may also want to take a look at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs...t/firefox.html and also for the other programs in order to see how to compile it properly, there is a patch provided so that it properly compiles against NSS, the two flags you'll want to keep in mind are --with-system-nss and --with-system-nspr, the .mozconfig file goes in the same directory as the configure file when you do that.