Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im a bit of a linux newbie, so this is probily a daft question, but can i install aol on linux? i dont like aol, but its either that, buy ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

AOL on linux, can it be done?

Im a bit of a linux newbie, so this is probily a daft question, but can i install aol on linux? i dont like aol, but its either that, buy my own service, or pay for phone charges on a free isp, and since im tight, im going with AOL.

If it can be done, id apriciate help on doing it aswell, thanks

Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!
    Cheers mate, thats exactly what i wanted, ill give the CLI installation a go, been looking for somthing to do with that.

hmmm, not as easy as it looked, well it didnt happen like it, ill try the GUI version :-/

Just Joined!
    im having some trouble here...

the tutorial says its for redhat, im using suse.

after installing the file, it says i should have this path " /etc/Pengaol/PengAol.conf "
    i noticed that this part of the instalation failed, somthing about not being able to write there, i cant put stuff in the media file either, 'access denied', this might be why.

i need that file for access numbers and stuff, there are later errors aswell, but i believe there due to this, i dont think i have access to write to this driver for some reason, how do i change that?

thanks

ok, i found if i use the shell boot console that takes a password i can write in those places, but the installation doesnt seem to do that, it says complete, brings up no errors, doesnt mention that folder, and dosnt make it.

ill just keep trying, ill suss it