Find the answer to your Linux question:
how can i create a toolbar icon (ex: quit icon) without using a extension or an add-ons in my browser (firefox)???? weird question huh? ,,,but i need help from all ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Red face firefox toolbar icon?

how can i create a toolbar icon (ex: quit icon) without using a extension or an add-ons in my browser (firefox)????

weird question huh? ,,,but i need help from all of u!!!!

Um.

I'm 99% sure that your only options here are to either:

1) create a theme (even if you only change like one icon) and apply that; or
    2) get the Firefox source, find out what icon files it uses, replace them, compile, and install

I've never made a theme, but I'm pretty sure 1 would be easier. Is there any particular reason you can't just use a theme?

[QUOTE=Cabhan
    Is there any particular reason you can't just use a theme?[/QUOTE]

how can i create a theme??or i just download it??

and one question more...how can is disable all the shortcut key??

Ah. Did you mean adding a whole new button with new functionality? Or just changing the appearance you already have?

To do the former, you would need an extension.

For changing the appearance, you can use themes. If you go to Tools->Themes, and then click the "Get More Themes" link in the lower-right, you can browse existing themes.

As far as disabling shortcut keys, I don't believe you can. Why do you need to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabhan
    Ah. Did you mean adding a whole new button with new functionality? Or just changing the appearance you already have?

As far as disabling shortcut keys, I don't believe you can. Why do you need to do this?
    can u tell me what extension should i use?

i want to block the "user" from using the shortcut keys and only using the toolbar icons!!

Okay. Extensions add different functionality to Firefox. There are tons of them that do different things: for example, I have one that checks my e-mail, one that gives me the weather report, one that allows me to use mouse gestures, one that gives me more control over tabs, etc.

If you go to Tools->Extensions, and click "Get more extensions" in the bottom right, you can search for extensions that might do what you want.