Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Folks, I'm a relative newbie to the world of penguins (another XP refugee) and would appreciate some words of wisdom. I'm running Mandriva 2006 Free on a 2.6GH2 Pentium ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Syncekonnector make error

Hi Folks,

I'm a relative newbie to the world of penguins (another XP refugee) and would appreciate some words of wisdom. I'm running Mandriva 2006 Free on a 2.6GH2 Pentium 4, dual booting with XP on a secondary drive.

I'm attempting to get my Windows CE PDA to synchronise with Kontact in KDE. After much googling, coffee and anadin I've succesfully got to the point where I can connect to the PDA, access it's files using rapip and control it using KCeMirror. Unfortunately, when I attempt to configure synchronisation in Raki, I get an error message "No synchronizer found for <sync type>".

More googling suggests I need syncekonnector, which I don't appear to have installed. I'm now attempting to rectify that using syncekonnector-0.3.2.tar.gz. I had problems with a missing lib on ./configure (I think it was libkonnector.so, it was a while back) which I think I resolved succesfully with a symbolic link to the .0.0.0 version of the lib, which was already present.

./configure now runs ok but when I attempt to make, it ends with the following string of errors:

Code:
    rakikpimsync.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool RakiKPimSync::postSync(QWidget*, bool, uint32_t)':
    rakikpimsync.cpp:52: error: no matching function for call to 'RakiKPimSync::postSync(QWidget*&, bool&, uint32_t&)'
    /usr/include/rakisyncplugin.h:59: note: candidates are: virtual bool RakiSyncPlugin::postSync(QWidget*, Rra*, bool, uint32_t)
    rakikpimsync.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool RakiKPimSync::preSync(QWidget*, bool, uint32_t)':
    rakikpimsync.cpp:67: error: no matching function for call to 'RakiKPimSync::preSync(QWidget*&, bool&, uint32_t&)'
    /usr/include/rakisyncplugin.h:58: note: candidates are: virtual bool RakiSyncPlugin::preSync(QWidget*, Rra*, bool, uint32_t)
    rakikpimsync.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool RakiKPimSync::sync()':
    rakikpimsync.cpp:82: error: no matching function for call to 'RakiKPimSync::setTotalSteps(int, bool)'
    /usr/include/rakisyncplugin.h:66: note: candidates are: void RakiSyncPlugin::setTotalSteps(int)
    rakikpimsync.cpp: In member function 'virtual int RakiKPimSync::syncContext()':
    rakikpimsync.cpp:90: error: 'SYNCHRONOUS' is not a member of 'RakiSyncPlugin'
    rakikpimsync.cpp: In member function 'virtual void RakiKPimSync::subscribeTo(Rra*)':
    rakikpimsync.cpp:95: error: 'class Rra' has no member named 'getTypeForName'
    rakikpimsync.cpp:98: error: 'class Rra' has no member named 'getTypeForName'
    rakikpimsync.cpp:101: error: 'class Rra' has no member named 'getTypeForName'
    rakikpimsync.cpp: In member function 'virtual void RakiKPimSync::unsubscribeFrom()':
    rakikpimsync.cpp:115: error: 'class Rra' has no member named 'getTypeForName'
    rakikpimsync.cpp:118: error: 'class Rra' has no member named 'getTypeForName'
    rakikpimsync.cpp:121: error: 'class Rra' has no member named 'getTypeForName'
    rakikpimsync.cpp: In member function 'virtual void RakiKPimSync::configure()':
    /usr/include/rakisyncplugin.h:80: error: 'KConfig* RakiSyncPlugin::ksConfig' is private
    rakikpimsync.cpp:132: error: within this context
    rakikpimsync.cpp: In member function 'virtual void RakiKPimSync::init(Rra*, SyncTaskListItem*, QString, QWidget*, QString)':
    rakikpimsync.cpp:147: error: no matching function for call to 'RakiKPimSync::init(Rra*&, SyncTaskListItem*&, QString&, QWidget*&, QString&)'
    /usr/include/rakisyncplugin.h:70: note: candidates are: void RakiSyncPlugin::init(RRA_SyncMgrType*, QString, QWidget*, QString)
    rakikpimsync.cpp: In member function 'void RakiKPimSync::progressItemAdded(KPIM::ProgressItem*)':
    rakikpimsync.cpp:161: error: no matching function for call to 'RakiKPimSync::setTask(const char*, bool)'
    /usr/include/rakisyncplugin.h:68: note: candidates are: void RakiSyncPlugin::setTask(const char*)
    rakikpimsync.cpp: In member function 'void RakiKPimSync::progressItemStatus(KPIM::ProgressItem*, const QString&)':
    rakikpimsync.cpp:167: error: no matching function for call to 'RakiKPimSync::setTask(const char*, bool)'
    /usr/include/rakisyncplugin.h:68: note: candidates are: void RakiSyncPlugin::setTask(const char*)
    rakikpimsync.cpp: In member function 'void RakiKPimSync::progressItemProgress(KPIM::ProgressItem*, unsigned int)':
    rakikpimsync.cpp:173: error: no matching function for call to 'RakiKPimSync::setProgress(unsigned int&, bool)'
    /usr/include/rakisyncplugin.h:67: note: candidates are: void RakiSyncPlugin::setProgress(int)
    make[2]: *** [rakikpimsync.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/syncekonnector-0.3.2/librakikpimsync'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/syncekonnector-0.3.2'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Google has failed me completely on this one and I don't know where to even start trying to sort it out. Any help, advice or even sympathy would be much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,

SD

Alright, well, I found the problem (I think), which I believe involves different versions of everything (The version of Raki you have isn't the most recent one, but syncekonnector is trying to link against the most recent one). Therefore, I'd propose trying an older version of syncekonnector. Alternatively, you could look for a developer release or something of Raki, though I'd propose against it.

But yeah. Give one of those a shot.

Just Joined!
    Many thanks for the response!

I tried version 0.2, which also died during make (a different error, but an error nonetheless) so I went right back to version 0.1 which appeared to make and install with no problems!

Unfortunately, I still have the original problem I was trying to solve - ie when I attempt to configure synchronisation in Raki, I get an error message "No synchronizer found for <sync type>".

Any other advice you could possibly give would be wonderful, in the meantime I'm back to Google...

Cheers!

SD

Just Joined!
    I have progress (of sorts) to report. Since taking syncekonnector backwards wasn't helping I decided to take everything else forwards as far as I could. To this end, I uninstalled everything to do with synce then installed the latest versions of everything I could find;

kdepim-3.5.3-1.1.20060.SoS.src.rpm
    kdepim3-sync-3.5.3-17.2.i586.rpm
    kitchensync-3.5.3-2ark.i586.rpm
    synce-kde-0.9.1.tar.gz
    synce-kde-pack-0.9.1-6.i586.rpm

Unfortunately, attempting to make syncekonnector-0.3.2 still results in an error, albeit a different one from previously.

Code:
    /usr/lib/qt3//bin/moc ./paireditorwidget.h -o paireditorwidget.moc
    if /bin/sh ../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libksynce -I../includes -I/usr/lib/qt3//include -I/usr/X11R6/include     -I/usr/include/kitchensync  -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common  -MT paireditorwidget.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/paireditorwidget.Tpo" -c -o paireditorwidget.lo paireditorwidget.cpp; \
    then mv -f ".deps/paireditorwidget.Tpo" ".deps/paireditorwidget.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/paireditorwidget.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    paireditorwidget.cpp: In member function 'void PairEditorWidget::setPair(KonnectorPair*)':
    paireditorwidget.cpp:93: error: 'class KSync::SynCEKonnectorBase' has no member named 'initDefaultFilters'
    paireditorwidget.cpp:104: error: 'class KSync::SynCEKonnectorBase' has no member named 'initDefaultFilters'
    make[2]: *** [paireditorwidget.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/syncekonnector-0.3.2/librakikpimsync'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/syncekonnector-0.3.2'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Googling, I found a few other people have had this problem but the only suggested solution was to upgrade kdepim and kitchensync - so far as I'm aware I already have the latest versions of these so I'm stuck once again.

Sorry to keep bugging you about this, any help you can offer would be fantastic.

SD

Just Joined!
    *shameless bump*