Find the answer to your Linux question:
After displaying the "you didn't shut down properly last time" message (and I can close the little window because I have the new .jar, as per the Azureus wiki) Azureus ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Azureus: it disappears !

After displaying the "you didn't shut down properly last time" message (and I can close the little window because I have the new .jar, as per the Azureus wiki) Azureus appears to load (the splash screen with all those messages saying that components are loading), and then Azureus disappears.

Most of the advice on this issue on the Azureus site is Windows based, so it's a bit difficult to find the linux needle in that haystack of there is a thread in their forums with a solution.

Has anyone else seen this problem ? Any solutions, even ?

I'm on Kubuntu. My Azureus forum post is http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.p...orum_id=349817

Thanks for any help anyone can offer here. Really appreciated.

What window manager are you using, and which release? I remember there used to be a problem with Azureus where it could not embed it's system tray icon properly. In this case you need to uncheck the option "Enable System Tray", so that it just runs minimized.

If it's not that it could just be crashing out - you can find out by using the command
    Code:
    ps aux |grep -i azureus

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrleighton View Post
    After displaying the "you didn't shut down properly last time" message (and I can close the little window because I have the new .jar, as per the Azureus wiki) Azureus appears to load (the splash screen with all those messages saying that components are loading), and then Azureus disappears.

Most of the advice on this issue on the Azureus site is Windows based, so it's a bit difficult to find the linux needle in that haystack of there is a thread in their forums with a solution.

Has anyone else seen this problem ? Any solutions, even ?

I'm on Kubuntu. My Azureus forum post is SourceForge.net: Azureus Help / Support

Thanks for any help anyone can offer here. Really appreciated.
    Hey, finally I found someone who deals with the same problem I have. Just yesterday updated to ubuntu 7.04 (feisty) and also to azureus vuze (3), and for some unknown reason the azureus just stop working, I have my computer dowloading 24 hours 7days per week and I downloaded around 380Gb in 6 and a half months, I had ubuntu 6.06 and azureus 2.5, but the eager to change the look and feel of the software is always a temptation for anyone. Right now Im trying to find the right solution for this "azureus disappears". I have the latest java software from the official page, ubuntu has all the upgrades. By the way do you have the latest azureus vuze version? For a faster contact u can mail me at sergioxela@hotmail.com