Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ive installed all the requirements needed. Everything was going fine untill I ran the make command on qtparted. ./configure went ok, at the end its says Type "make" to compile ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing QTparted

Ive installed all the requirements needed. Everything was going fine untill I ran the make command on qtparted.

./configure went ok, at the end its says

Type "make" to compile QTParted

So I do but then immediatly get...

Warning: use unsermake instead of make or use a wrapper script eg makeobj!!

It then tried to run unsermake which fails because I haven't got it installed. Does anyone know why make doesn't work?

Its a BLFS6.1 install with xfce4

Many Thanks

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi, zeus123.

I don't have a direct answer to your question. The name unsermake sounds like German for our make, which may give you a clue -- is there a file that you unpacked with QTParted that is unsermake?

I seem to recall that I read on a different forum that QTParted was no longer being supported. I don't know if that is true, but the page at sf appears to be last updated in 2005.

I have use GParted successfully. You can create a small LiveCD which I find useful so that I don't need to worry about mounting , unmounting, etc.

In any case, best wishes ... cheers, drl

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your reply.

Im just reporting back to say I found out that paco (my package logger) has support for debian, slackware and rpm binaries.
    I used that and a debian binary and it installed fine. I wish I knew this earlier because ive compiled all my programs and stuff from source when I could have used binaries all along

I'll look into gparted. Having a liveCD would be usefull.

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi.

You're welcome, and thank you for mentioning paco. My memory is bad enough that I need to write things down, and having a logging mechanism sounds useful, so I'll look into that. Good exchange of information ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )