Find the answer to your Linux question:
I run Mandrake 9.2 DL Edition. Everything has been going very well for the last month. Yesterday, I had Evolution, a terminal (not as root) and Mozilla running. All had ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Evolution errased all my data

I run Mandrake 9.2 DL Edition. Everything has been going very well for the last month. Yesterday, I had Evolution, a terminal (not as root) and Mozilla running. All had been running for maybe an hour or so. Evolution out of nowhere pops up an error about not being able to sync the inbox because it doesn't exist. I think "That's odd" and try to close it. I subsequently get the same error about contacts, calander and tasks, and then it closes. hmmmm.... I issue

evolution --force-shut down

wait a few moments, and restart.

All of my data is missing. Poof, vanished like a fart in the wind. It's as if I've never even started it. All my folders are gone, all my data and there's one e-mail, the welcome one from Xiamain. However, my e-mail account settings are still there.

Any ideas of where all this went to?? I can handle it if it's lost, I have backups from last week. I cannot handle this happening again. Did I do something wrong? What could it have been?

Can some suggest a different e-mail/contacts/calendar program? I need to be able to recive invites via e-mail and accpet/decline them (like Outlook). Also, I need to be able to sync my Palm (even more important).

Thanks,
    Jeremy

P.S. I posted this at the Mandrake NG, but I didn't get any answers.

flw
    Linux Engineer
    First what version of evolution are you using? Then I can try some searches for known issues from http://www.ximian.com/support/
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    I use Mandrake 9.2, Gnome 2.4 and Evolution 1.4.

Thanks for you help!
    Jeremy