Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've just recently got SuSE Linux 9.0. Everything is working fine as well but there is one obvious problem. I wanted to get WineX working for SuSE because I can't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WineX for SuSE Linux 9.0.

I've just recently got SuSE Linux 9.0. Everything is working fine as well but there is one obvious problem. I wanted to get WineX working for SuSE because I can't determine how am I going to get WineX to support the Windows Application games. As you know, I'm new to the Linux OS. I know it's different than Windows, but I've gotta learn it though. Takes time.
    Anyway, I know that Linux doesn't even require Windows XP for Windows games because Linux has it's own particular API or something like that. When I've went to www.winehq.com, I've downloaded only the 3 specific binary files for SuSE 9.0. Ok, now this is the part that I'm getting stuck in the first place. So I hope most of you can help me with this WineX stuff. After when I've downloaded 3 binary files, their were known as RPM type files, and I have no idea on what I can do with those files. Apparently, TransGaming is charging you for $5 a month so you can download WineX 3.3. Unfortunately, a lot of people bothers too much with that. So I possibly think that paying those lousy $5 for WineX at TransGaming is a pain in the ass. It's not essential to pay for it unless someone knows how to find a possibility without subscribing. Like I said, I have 3 binary files, and I don't know how to deal with those files. Does anyone have ideas regarding with my binaries?

Edit: Can't say that you can't live without the games like Max Payne, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, or Call of Duty. I can't miss those great games.

Linux Engineer
    WineX is found at www.transgaming.com, not winehq. WineX isn't the same as Wine. If transgaming decide to release their implementation under a subscription then surely best to do that?
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly