Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Run level 1 provides single-user mode Run level 2 provides single-user mode with networking support Run level 3 provides multi-user mode with a command-line interface, rather than a graphical window ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy

• Run level 1 provides single-user mode
    • Run level 2 provides single-user mode with networking support
    • Run level 3 provides multi-user mode with a command-line interface, rather than a graphical window manager. This is convenient if you wish to work without the overhead of pretty anti-aliased windows
    • Run level 4 has not yet been defined
    • Run level 5 provides multi-user mode with a graphical window manager. This is the default run level that is booted on many distributions and the one that you are most likely to have for everyday use.
    • Run level 6 shuts down the system, closing necessary applications and daemons. For obvious reasons, this run level should not be used if you want to do anything productive.

But will this solve my problem ?

Regards
    Britto

Sorry, I understand that English probably isn't your first language, but I can't help anymore until you ask a clear question or explain exactly what the problem is. Language shouldn't be related to that. You haven't done that once, yet.

DT

Thumbs up

Ok let me make it more clear to you. Tell me how you will install NTP client if I gives you a Linux machine ? What are the steps that you are going to follow ? If any editing in ntp.conf file is involved, pl. attach the same here so that I can go through that.

Regards
    Britto

Last post - not bothering to follow up on this -

1. Don't post in all bold. It's like shouting, and it's rude.

2. I've repeatably asked you what distro you're running. You refuse to answer, instead just blindly post information I haven't asked for. Every distro has it's own way of *easily* installing services like NTP.

I'll repeat: it depends on your distro.

If you want to make things difficult, then go ahead - download the source. Compile. Manually set up config files. I don't recommend that. It's a lot of work for nothing, assuming you just want NTP up and running.

3. Maybe someone else with more patience will jump in, but so far, I'm the only one beating this.

4. Finally - do this:

www.google.com

type in your distro name, followed by "How to install NTP"

Best of luck.

DT

Smile

I stopped doing R & D on this live machine. Thanks for your support.

Regards
    Britto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2